Thank you. A few hours ago Konqueror crashed from bad javascript and I got nothing from <ctrl><esc>. After a fruitless search for KSystemManager I rebooted. Let's hope this is fixed soon.Originally Posted by electronicjason
Was the task manager removed from Knoppix 3.3? I can't find it anywhere and hitting <ctrl> - <esc> does nothing.
Thanks,
Jason
Thank you. A few hours ago Konqueror crashed from bad javascript and I got nothing from <ctrl><esc>. After a fruitless search for KSystemManager I rebooted. Let's hope this is fixed soon.Originally Posted by electronicjason
The KDE 'task manager' is actually two programs: ksysguard and ksysguardd, the first of which is the GUI and the latter a daemon.
I tried to install them using:
# apt-get install ksysguard ksysguardd
but apt said:
ksysguardd: Depends: libsensors-1debian1 but it is not installable
in fact, when trying:
# apt-get install libsensors-1debian1
apt said:
Package libsensors-1debian1 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
Does anyone know to get ksysgaurd installed on 3.3?
dageek
You can't it's bug 210276 looks like you will have to wait until the re-compile mentioned in the respose to the report.Originally Posted by dageek
I got 3 packages from diffrent sources (rpm seek was the best) and converted some with alien command and ended up with just 3 packages to install ksysguard.
One would be
kdebase-ksysguardd_2.2.2-122_i386.deb
(that would be the daemon, wouldn't it?)
ksysguard_3.1.5-1_i386.deb
(application?)
libsensors1_2.6.3-5_i386.deb
Don't search for the .deb thing, just as I said I might have converted some packages from .rpm ;
If anyone wants to I can send those packages, but they should be eassy to find.

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Seagate IronWolf 4TB 3.5in Internal Desktop HDD Hard Drive Silver
$95.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$84.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59