Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: USB not working

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67

    USB not working

    I did a hard drive install of Knoppix 3.2 and USB is not operational.

    Kooka does not work and usbview says USB is not found.
    lsmod | grep usb does show:
    usb-uhci 21836 0 (unused)
    usbcore 57472 0 [scanner usb-uhci]

    What's the story?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1
    add in your /etc/fstab:

    none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by fe
    add in your /etc/fstab:

    none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
    that little bit of magic (after doing a mount -a) made USB detect in stuff like USBView, and I'll test it later to see if my scanner works... course drivers and stuff is prolly not going to be found....

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    24
    So, my USB equipment is operational (from Cordless Mouse to external DVD-burner), but in the KDE Info Center, under USB Devices nothing is listed.

    Would this fstab line fix that, or screw up my functional USB recognition?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    11

    usb mouse not working only on hdd

    So.. my usb mouse worked when booting off of cd-rom, but it doesn't work now that it's on hdd...

    I was looking up Hotplug and saitek-gm2 (my mouse is a bit non-standard)

    Why would this line be differnent from the CD install? (duh, the fstab gets written by a script with the correct drives on em)

    anyway, I'm trying this!
    and trying to give it prominence by adding comments...

    and my logitech optical wheel mouse just jitters right to left happily like it did earlier...

    and my saitek gm2 ... does the same thign!

    maybe I need to switch it to im/ps2 mode?
    (note, I just yanked the logitech and tried the saitek)

    Ok, I tried booting with the saitek in the usb slot... and it wasn't detected by hotplug... just the same behavior as before I added that line to my fstab.

    It detects it fine off the CD-Rom... but not from the HD.
    (I need a way to exit X and start it again without rebooting for more testing oportunity)

    still no work in hd mode and work in cd mode (reinstalled)

    lsmod | grep usb
    usb-ohci 18184 0 (unused)
    usb-uhci 21836 0 (unused)
    usbcore 57472 0 [hid usb-ohci usb-uhci]

    I have no ps/2 ports on this old machine
    I don't have the riser for the onboard usb
    and I added a usb card because I had an extra one lying arround
    I'll try disabling the onboard usb in the bios... but if it works that'll just be a work arround

Similar Threads

  1. Apt-Get Not Working
    By sakiZ in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 10:33 PM
  2. USB not working
    By britt in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 06:01 PM
  3. USB not working
    By britt in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 01:50 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  5. Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2
    By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply picture

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply

$200.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00