-
Apt-get cannot install BitTorrent :-(
Don't know why this isnt' working....
dpkg -l | grep python says:
ii python 2.3.2-1 An interactive high-level object-oriented la
ii python-imaging 1.1.4-2 The Python Imaging Library
ii python-tk 2.3.2-1 Tkinter - Writing Tk applications with Pytho
ii python2.3 2.3.2-1 An interactive high-level object-oriented la
ii python2.3-imag 1.1.4-1 The Python Imaging Library
ii python2.3-tk 2.3.2-1 Tkinter - Writing Tk applications with Pytho
And BitTorrent says it requires python of version 2.2 or greater OR python2.2 (which I would think to be the same thing). So I've got what I need, but apt-get won't install it:
root@Harkonnen:~# apt-get -uVq install bittorrent
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Recommended packages:
libwxgtk2.4-python
The following NEW packages will be installed:
bittorrent (3.2.1b-3)
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 56 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/63.0kB of archives.
After unpacking 446kB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package bittorrent.
(Reading database ... 113818 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking bittorrent (from .../bittorrent_3.2.1b-3_all.deb) ...
Setting up bittorrent (3.2.1b-3) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/bittorrent.postinst: line 31: python2.2: command not found
dpkg: error processing bittorrent (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
Errors were encountered while processing:
bittorrent
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Apt-get cannot install BitTorrent :-(
--Try ' apt-get install bittorrent/stable '.

Originally Posted by
lavaman094
Don't know why this isnt' working....
dpkg -l | grep python says:
ii python 2.3.2-1 An interactive high-level object-oriented la
ii python-imaging 1.1.4-2 The Python Imaging Library
ii python-tk 2.3.2-1 Tkinter - Writing Tk applications with Pytho
ii python2.3 2.3.2-1 An interactive high-level object-oriented la
ii python2.3-imag 1.1.4-1 The Python Imaging Library
ii python2.3-tk 2.3.2-1 Tkinter - Writing Tk applications with Pytho
And BitTorrent says it requires python of version 2.2 or greater OR python2.2 (which I would think to be the same thing). So I've got what I need, but apt-get won't install it:
root@Harkonnen:~# apt-get -uVq install bittorrent
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Recommended packages:
libwxgtk2.4-python
The following NEW packages will be installed:
bittorrent (3.2.1b-3)
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 56 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/63.0kB of archives.
After unpacking 446kB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package bittorrent.
(Reading database ... 113818 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking bittorrent (from .../bittorrent_3.2.1b-3_all.deb) ...
Setting up bittorrent (3.2.1b-3) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/bittorrent.postinst: line 31: python2.2: command not found
dpkg: error processing bittorrent (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
Errors were encountered while processing:
bittorrent
-
Senior Member
registered user
Starting with Knopppix 3.3 it seems Bittorrent comes from sid.
apt-get install -t unstable bittorrent
Did the trick here and for others on irc
-

Originally Posted by
Tech2k
Starting with Knopppix 3.3 it seems Bittorrent comes from sid.
apt-get install -t unstable bittorrent
Did the trick here and for others on irc

OK, this command worked, but I bash says "command not found" when I try "bittorrent". I also tried "bittorrent.py" and I cannot figure out how to call and execute bittorrent!
-
Senior Member
registered user
' dpkg -L bittorrent|grep bin ' is how I found it.
/usr/bin
/usr/bin/bttrack
/usr/bin/btmakemetafile
/usr/bin/btlaunchmany
/usr/bin/btdownloadcurses
/usr/bin/btlaunchmanycurses
/usr/bin/btreannounce
/usr/bin/btrename
/usr/bin/btshowmetainfo
/usr/bin/btdownloadgui
/usr/bin/btdownloadheadless
--Use one of btdownload{curses,gui,headless}. Here's an example script (don't forget to chmod +x it) : #BEGIN btor
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# BitTorrent download
time btdownloadcurses --url $* \
--max_uploads 2 \
--max_upload_rate 64 \
--rerequest_interval 240 \
--display_interval 3
--When you're done letting others upload from your file, hit Ctrl-C.

Originally Posted by
lavaman094

Originally Posted by
Tech2k
Starting with Knopppix 3.3 it seems Bittorrent comes from sid.
apt-get install -t unstable bittorrent
Did the trick here and for others on irc

OK, this command worked, but I bash says "command not found" when I try "bittorrent". I also tried "bittorrent.py" and I cannot figure out how to call and execute bittorrent!
Similar Threads
-
By Level7 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 10:26 AM
-
By obsoleto in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 10:54 PM
-
By 3p0cHx in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 11:52 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 08:03 PM
-
By nmella in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC
$99.99

Timberland Vintage Heavy Duty Brown Leather Messenger Satchel Crossbody Bag
$127.77

Vintage Compaq PS/2 Rack Keyboard 128958-001 Assembly 128710-001 SpaceSaver
$75.99

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99