MD5 signature files are small, so feel free to get them from *several*
mirrors if you mistrust the one you download your ISO from...
Hello.
I've been enjoying Knoppix 3.2 for many months now. Now I'd like to try out and use 3.3.
I can get from many many mirrors, but none from the Knoppix site itself. Probably that's good, as if that site had it available for download, it would be swamped.
But what I would like to know is, does the Knoppix or Knopper website have at least a posting of the MD5 sum? It is possible that a mirror may have a compromised or unauthentic version of Knoppix on it. All a bad person would need to do is create a new MD5 sum for that mirror, and nobody would ever know.
Can anyone direct me to a place on the basic Knopper.net website that shows the original MD5 sum of the Knoppix master?
Thank you very much.
Joe
MD5 signature files are small, so feel free to get them from *several*
mirrors if you mistrust the one you download your ISO from...
You could always use GPG and look at the GPG signed md5.asc file and fetch the public key for the signature the file contains the md5 sum and the signature to prevent the possibility for problems that you are worried about. So unless someone gets the GPG key used to generate the signature file you can always check the validity of the md5sum on the mirror.Originally Posted by Joe Programmer
Stephen: Thanks for your helpful tip. I did not realize that the md5.asc was GPG signed.
How can I be sure to get an authentic public key of the signer?
Also, how can I figure out how to use GPG without being an expert power user with it (For example, md5 is nice and easy to understand and use)?
Thank you very much.
Joe.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99