-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Lunik3
i have compiled my Kernel again and now it is possible to start Kano's Script. But it ends up in a Message who means that the sources are unavailable?!
I try it later again. maybe it's just a short disturbance on her driver-servers?! hope so...
Gtx, Pat*
Did you compile the kernel headers and install them when you installled the kernel image? How did you compile Debian method with make-kpkg or standard method? You most likely need the kernel headers what I always do when using make-kpkg in /usr/src/linux:
make menuconfig
fakeroot make-kpkg clean
fakeroot make-kpkg --append-to-version=.date_of_compile kernel_image modules_image kernel_headers
cd ..
dpkg -i kernel-image-2.4.??.date_of_compile-custom.deb kernel-headers-2.4.??.date_of_compile-custom.deb
When compiling and installing the modules image is usually not built unless you have additional third party modules being compiled.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I have compiled the Kernel in classic way (take a look above), i try it and try it again... 
But this time with ATI's brand new 3.2.8 Drivers :P
-
Junior Member
registered user
it doesn't work
Hi,
the install-raedon.sh by kano doesn't work because of missing files. Is there a updated version available today?
I have installed DRI von my knoppixV3.3 with "modprobe radeon". And installed the newstest ATI driver with --force-overwrite, but the system don't use it (I think):
fglrxinfo:
display: :0.0 screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 4.0.4
Thanks for any help,
Best regards,
Nils, Germany
-
Junior Member
registered user
type glxinfo instead of fglxinfo and search for the row: Direct Rendering
if "Direct Rendering" say's "No", then you have no hardware acceleration active.
and now a question from my side....
how did you install the drivers and what for a radeon model do you own?
Greetings from Frankfurt,
Patrick, Germany
-
Junior Member
registered user
re
Hi Patrik,
ich schreib trotzdem mal weiter in Englisch, damit andere es auch lesen können (auch wenn's kein supi Englisch ist *G*).
You wrote:
if "Direct Rendering" say's "No", then you have no hardware acceleration active. and now a question from my side....
how did you install the drivers and what for a radeon model do you own?
--------
Direct Rendering is "NO".
I have a ATI Radeon 9500.
I downloaded the driver from schneider... (like the link in install-radeon.sh) and one from ati.de for XFree 4.3
I installed both (firstly one - doesn't work and then the next)
I converted it with alien to a dep-package an installed it with --force-overwrite. After this, I entered "modprobe radeon" - /proc/DRI was now available, so I thought, that it works ... but it doesn't - I coundn't compile fglrx.
/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod# ./make.sh
compiling 'firegl_public.c'...
In file included from /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/build/drivers/char/drm/drm_proc.h:37,
from firegl_public.c:278:
/lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/build/drivers/char/drm/drmP.h:932: redefinition of `__cmpxchg'
/lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/build/include/asm/system.h:244: `__cmpxchg' previously defined here
compiling failed - object file was not generated
---
I don't really understand it - why was it priviously defined? Error in Script?
Thanke for help / Danke für deien Hilfe.
Gruss
Nils
P.S. Gibts von diesem install-radeon.sh Script nirgends ne aktuelle Version mit aktuellen Links? Als Linux-Newbie ist das echt schwer zu installieren...
*G*
-
Junior Member
registered user
-
Junior Member
registered user
reply
The same.
At the moment I have given up because of my test (Ger: IT-Systemkaufmann / IHK Prüfung)
Maybe I'll try it again in some weeks or if s.th. can help us *G*
Good luck!
Gruss
Nils
-
Junior Member
registered user
Finaly it works!!!! 
I found a description, that helped me to goal:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.sta...installer.html
Greetz'n good luck!
Lunik3
-
Senior Member
registered user
Kano's scripts
There seems to be a couple of problems with Kano's script "install-radeon.sh". First is tries to download the dri snapshot from dri.sourceforge.net, but the script has a hardcoded date (just after it has worked out the date) of 20030731 but the sourceforge snapshots only holds up to one weeks worth. Secondly, it wants to download from schneider-digital to get the glx1-linux driver, but instead of trying to get glx1_linux_x4.3.zip it tries to get glx1_linux_X4.3.zip (note the capital X). Fixing those at least looks like it will get you going, I'm running this from CD on someone elses machine which I was testing so I can't follow through with the script to verify it completely (dpkg won't work as I'm on a read-only fs).
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm trying to resurrect an old Gateway PC with the ATI Mach64 3D Rage II AGP graphics card. I can't get XFree86-DRI support on here. Any ideas? I'd like to get accelerated graphics running on here if possible. BTW, glxgears only returns 100 fps....
Also, does anyone know the kano website address? I seem to remember scripts on there for installing scripts on the fly when using the KNOPPIX CD. I'd like to see how this is done.
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By beige_matchbox in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 05:45 PM
-
By a.cloete in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-17-2004, 10:38 PM
-
By RE Dude in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 04:10 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 07:02 PM
-
By good_karma69 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99

Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage UNCLAIMED Lot of 10
$22000.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT V02 Stack
$190.00

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

2 PACK Cisco AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 Aironet 2802 Series Dual Band Access Point
$19.85