-
3c509b card not working at boot time
Hello,
I have been successful in installing Knoppix to my HD (making it Debian really), but have been having a problem with my network card. Here is the deal:
I can run these commands and the card works great - I have perfect connectivity...
modprobe 3c509
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.13 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255
route add default gw 192.168.0.1 metric 1
However, when I try to make these settings permanent (using the following method)...
--------------------------------------
1) insmod 3c509
-this found the card on the right addresses, and appeared to load the module without problem.
2) added this line to etc/modutils/aliases:
alias eth0 3c509
3) added these lines to /etc/network/interfaces:
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.13
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.0.0
broadcast 192.168.0.255
--------------------------------------
The card driver doesn't load at boot time. I tried reading the howto's for ethernet and networking to make sure that I did everything correctly, but am still lost. Anybody think they know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
Dan
Similar Threads
-
By woshme in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 04:53 PM
-
By softgun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:50 AM
-
By cYmen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 08:46 AM
-
By oscar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 12:55 AM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2002, 02:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Disk IIc A2M4050 5.25 Floppy Drive Original Box Tested Working
$144.99

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh Extended Keyboard II M3501 - Alps Switches - Tested Good
$67.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00