-
hda not being found
Hello,
Newbie problem I'm afraid...
I have a Toshiba Satellite 1800 (Celeron 800 with 15Gb). Win XP with FAT32
Knoppix works fine if I start with DMA - otherwise it hangs on /etc/ in the startup script.
Unfortunately with DMA enabled no HD is recognised. When I try to add a persistent home on dev/hda I get the problem that "a filesystem must be specified" yet there seems nowhere to specify a filesystem.
I read another post here where HD wasn't found but that seemed to be a problem with a HD exceeding 40Gb.
I followed instructions in that post & ran sudo fdisk -l /dev/hda and get some info, incl (with apologies for proportional font):-
DEvice Boot ... ID System
/dev/hda1 * c Win95 FAT32 (LBA)
then I ran
dmseg | grep hda
This gives various info including:-
ide_setup: hda-scsi
IDE0: bm-dma AT 0XEFF0-0XEFF7, BIOS settings: hda
MA, hdb
io
and also
hda: unknown partition table.
Sorry to be lost!
Rob
Similar Threads
-
By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-24-2005, 04:31 PM
-
By GFBurke in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:37 AM
-
By justmyskin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 05:23 AM
-
By tommystyle in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$12.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99