Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: hdd installation problems

  1. #1

    hdd installation problems

    hey guys ive been trying to do an hd install of knoppix 3.3 but everytime i try to run it tells me that it expected 7 tokens for --checklist and that i only have four. it also says to use --help for more options but that dose nothing. any help will be greatly apreciated

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    knoppix-installer not working

    I have just downloaded the 3.3 version and have the same problem (referring to 4 tokens but neeed 7) when I run it as root from ctrl-alt-f1. When I try to run it from a root terminal in KDE, I just get a window with the usage information for Xdialog.

    I have used knx-hdinstall before with no problems. I just wanted to see what this one was all about.

    Please respond.

    Thanks in advance.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2
    After a little more hunting through the boards I found this thread:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...asc&highlight=

    which describes the exact problem I think we (and probably many others) are having. Look for the reply from "Fred-Knoppixfr". There seems to be a typo in the script causing this error.

    The only explanations I can come up with as to why the script works for some and not others (like us) is that 1: The working script was possibly dloaded seperatly from somewhere other than the CD or
    2: based on the nature of the typo described in the thread (< or > 512), the error may happen with people using less than 512M of memory.

    I would be intrested to know if those who have sucessfully used knoppix-installer have 512 or more system memory.

    Seems like the answer is to modify the script (knoppix-installer) on line 409 and replace the two instances of > with < . I have not tried that yet but "Fred-Knoppixfr" did and it seemed to work for him.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with the installation CD´s
    By altella2005 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 12:51 AM
  2. POST Installation problems
    By AJones in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 05:23 AM
  3. Probleme nach installation!! - Problems after installation!!
    By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
  4. Installation Problems
    By towaes in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:00 AM
  5. Knoppix Installation Problems
    By haze in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120 picture

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120

$999.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed picture

NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed

$89.99



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4   Business Desk Phone picture

Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone

$150.00



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99