-
USB 2.0 Problems...
Have looked, and looked, but no luck getting my Microsoft USB mouse to work.
And since /var/log/messages doesnt display anything (none of the logs too) when booting from the CD-ROM I cant really tell whats going on. I have added all the modules that I have found on this forum for USB mice to work.
Is there anything else I can try? lsusb shows there is a usb device...
Thanks for any help.
- Derek
-
Forget it
Sorry to sound negative, but I spent a lot of time trying to get my Sony MicroVault USB2 128 MB pendrive working under different Linux distributions, and got the same as you. The problem is the lack of driver. I would also find a recognition message in /var/log/messages, but when I tried to mount it, errors...
What I did was to give it to my wife to use with her W2K system and buy myself a standard USB 1.1 pendrive that works just fine....
I am afraid you might have to do the same.
Sorry.
Tim
-
Senior Member
registered user
A good place to check before buying usb hardware:
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/
There are several M$ usb mice reported as working there but perhaps
you have one not listed yet.
What is the full model name and what do you get if you run lsusb when
the mouse is connected ?
Similar Threads
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

16x 16GB Samsung PC3 ECC 2Rx4 14900R -256GB SERVER RAM- M393B2G70DB0-CMA
$239.49

LOT OF 5 Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx1 PC4-2133P Desktop Memory
$130.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98