Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: USB 2.0 Problems...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    USB 2.0 Problems...

    Have looked, and looked, but no luck getting my Microsoft USB mouse to work.

    And since /var/log/messages doesnt display anything (none of the logs too) when booting from the CD-ROM I cant really tell whats going on. I have added all the modules that I have found on this forum for USB mice to work.

    Is there anything else I can try? lsusb shows there is a usb device...

    Thanks for any help.

    - Derek

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    27

    Forget it

    Sorry to sound negative, but I spent a lot of time trying to get my Sony MicroVault USB2 128 MB pendrive working under different Linux distributions, and got the same as you. The problem is the lack of driver. I would also find a recognition message in /var/log/messages, but when I tried to mount it, errors...

    What I did was to give it to my wife to use with her W2K system and buy myself a standard USB 1.1 pendrive that works just fine....

    I am afraid you might have to do the same.

    Sorry.

    Tim

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    A good place to check before buying usb hardware:
    http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/
    There are several M$ usb mice reported as working there but perhaps
    you have one not listed yet.
    What is the full model name and what do you get if you run lsusb when
    the mouse is connected ?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Problems or Hardware Problems
    By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
  2. ideq 200s problems and more problems
    By lesshaste in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$99.99



Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB picture

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB

$54.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99