-
Persistent home on USB 2.0 Flash device
I am trying to create a persistent home directory on my USB 2.0 flash media device. It is a PNY Attache, 128 MB drive. When I first booted into Knoppix 3.3, it saw it and went through the whole thing ok, but when I rebooted, it didn't even see the usb drive anymore. I tried it on a friends computer and had the same problem, and he brought his thumbdrive (different brand) to my computer and it worked fine with his home directory. Any suggestions on how I might go about getting this little guy to work?
-
I use a 256Mb PNY Attache with Knoppix 3.3 and I find that it works just fine. I do have to enter "knoppix home=/dev/sda1" at startup in order to set it to my home. I've used it on several different machines and have never had a problem with it.
One possible difference was that I configured it with Knoppix 3.2 but I didn't have to change anything moving to 3.3.
Also, some of the Attaches aren't actually USB 2.0 but USB 1.1 and only claim compatibility with USB 2.0.
-
It seems to work on my friend's laptop, but not on either of our desktop machines, or any of the desktop machines at my school's computer lab. We've tried setting up the home directory on the laptop, and it is still not working on the desktop machines.
Similar Threads
-
By lsr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 01:04 PM
-
By jeremy2300 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 05:06 AM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 07:51 PM
-
By xeerex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99