-
link to files in /
Hi,
I'm not a linux expert, so can someone help me out here?
Building my own remaster, I've installed a couple programs and tested them before building the iso. So far, no harm done.
Then, while testing this iso, I noticed some files were missing and after a while I figured out the cause. I installed and tested all my programs in a chrooted environment and one of the programs uses user specific settings, normally saved in $HOME. While running as root, $HOME ="/" and this causes my problem when starting from CD. As part of the Knoppix startup script, symbolic links are made from /xxx to KNOPPIX/xxx , but not to KNOPPIX/.
Can someone help me out here?
(I could copy this files from /KNOPPIX/ to /, but that doesn't sound neat to me)
Best regards,
Jasper van Dijk
Similar Threads
-
By pinjarra in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 12:13 PM
-
By sklynn in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:34 AM
-
By g3guy in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 03:46 PM
-
By ephermeran in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 08:02 AM
-
By jscinoz in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00