Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help! blank screen on install v3.3

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Help! blank screen on install v3.3

    I am a newbie to Knoppix having tried out Red Hat previously and failed dismally to get it to network with my XP machine so I am trying out Knoppix.
    I have downloaded 3 different ISO and run chksum so they are all OK but everyone without fail wont boot at all. On one machine I have I get a load of panic messages and then it locks up and on the other machine I hit boot.. and just get a blank screen with nothing happening at all.

    Can anyone offer help to someone who wants to try linnux but is being foiled at every attempt.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    chester,mass
    Posts
    7
    I had the same problem until I tried one of the cheat codes. When you see the boot screen look for the help (F2) Then try one of them. I was advised by ( richenbacherus ) to use failsafe , I also have had luck with using boot: knoppix noagp . I hope this helps, now I need to have knoppix see my network interface on my motherboard. Once that is solved I can go online and use Mozzilla.


    take care, john

Similar Threads

  1. Blank Screen
    By Fish in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 10:37 PM
  2. Blank Boot Screen
    By kirupa in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 09:33 PM
  3. all i get is a blank screen??
    By slime101 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 01:33 AM
  4. Screen blank after almost loaded
    By andker333 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 01:01 PM
  5. Mid-install blank screen
    By delautier in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor

$55.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151

$39.99



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99