Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help! blank screen on install v3.3

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Help! blank screen on install v3.3

    I am a newbie to Knoppix having tried out Red Hat previously and failed dismally to get it to network with my XP machine so I am trying out Knoppix.
    I have downloaded 3 different ISO and run chksum so they are all OK but everyone without fail wont boot at all. On one machine I have I get a load of panic messages and then it locks up and on the other machine I hit boot.. and just get a blank screen with nothing happening at all.

    Can anyone offer help to someone who wants to try linnux but is being foiled at every attempt.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    chester,mass
    Posts
    7
    I had the same problem until I tried one of the cheat codes. When you see the boot screen look for the help (F2) Then try one of them. I was advised by ( richenbacherus ) to use failsafe , I also have had luck with using boot: knoppix noagp . I hope this helps, now I need to have knoppix see my network interface on my motherboard. Once that is solved I can go online and use Mozzilla.


    take care, john

Similar Threads

  1. Blank Screen
    By Fish in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 10:37 PM
  2. Blank Boot Screen
    By kirupa in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 09:33 PM
  3. all i get is a blank screen??
    By slime101 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 01:33 AM
  4. Screen blank after almost loaded
    By andker333 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 01:01 PM
  5. Mid-install blank screen
    By delautier in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP  4 New Open Box picture

Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box

$74.99



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$18.95



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE picture

YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE

$65.00