Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help! blank screen on install v3.3

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Help! blank screen on install v3.3

    I am a newbie to Knoppix having tried out Red Hat previously and failed dismally to get it to network with my XP machine so I am trying out Knoppix.
    I have downloaded 3 different ISO and run chksum so they are all OK but everyone without fail wont boot at all. On one machine I have I get a load of panic messages and then it locks up and on the other machine I hit boot.. and just get a blank screen with nothing happening at all.

    Can anyone offer help to someone who wants to try linnux but is being foiled at every attempt.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    chester,mass
    Posts
    7
    I had the same problem until I tried one of the cheat codes. When you see the boot screen look for the help (F2) Then try one of them. I was advised by ( richenbacherus ) to use failsafe , I also have had luck with using boot: knoppix noagp . I hope this helps, now I need to have knoppix see my network interface on my motherboard. Once that is solved I can go online and use Mozzilla.


    take care, john

Similar Threads

  1. Blank Screen
    By Fish in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 10:37 PM
  2. Blank Boot Screen
    By kirupa in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 09:33 PM
  3. all i get is a blank screen??
    By slime101 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 01:33 AM
  4. Screen blank after almost loaded
    By andker333 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 01:01 PM
  5. Mid-install blank screen
    By delautier in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage NEC PC-8001 32KB RAM Fully Working Set w/ Monitor Cable & Tape picture

Vintage NEC PC-8001 32KB RAM Fully Working Set w/ Monitor Cable & Tape

$499.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$599.99



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00



Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY picture

Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY

$20.00



Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS picture

Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS

$50.00



Vintage Retro Beige ATX Sleeper PC Desktop Computer Case Good Condition picture

Vintage Retro Beige ATX Sleeper PC Desktop Computer Case Good Condition

$199.99



Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture

Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac

$11.75



Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards

$57.59



Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard picture

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard

$350.00