Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix setting saves and more...

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Knoppix setting saves and more...

    Hi! I have been a long time windows user, but due to the recent F**k ups of windows, I moved to RedHad 9.0. My parents didn't like it becaus my sister didn't understand it . My friend recently gave me a Knoppix CD that I have loved! I don't remember the version exactly that it is, but I dont think that this will matter in any of ther versions. I would like to set up each of the 4 desktops with their own customized thing for each user that uses my computer. I have figured out how to do that, but I do not know how to save those settings. I also have each of my drives partitioned and Knoppix wont let me open them when searching what I want to run. It tries to run the partitioned drive itself. And finally, is there anyway to make the pixels on the screen bigger. It seems that it is running at 800x600 but I would like to boost it up to 1024x768.

    Thank you for your time.
    Thomas Lilienthal.

    Note: I am not at home right now. If I were I would give you the version number.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    euh... have you, or have you not installed knoppix? After installation, if you have multiple users, they are seperate, and have their own settings.

    but if you didnt install, settings cant be saved on the cd (duh), but can be saved on disk. Look in knoppix>save configuration, that might help.

    about the partitons, have you mounted them?

    screensizes: when u use the knoppix-cd check the cheatcodes (press f1 at knoppix bootscreen) I think for you it is knoppix screen=1024x768
    after installation, use for example Kxcontrol in the configurationscreen, or type it in konsole (as root!)

    good luck!

Similar Threads

  1. Puppy Linux saves to CD-R !
    By rsmanyan in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 06:45 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 12:42 AM
  3. ??Persistent Home & Config Saves??
    By qa1433 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 05:21 PM
  4. Knoppix Saves The Data!
    By k.otaku in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 04:07 PM
  5. Knoppix saves my company money!
    By Stonent in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 08:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot Of (8) Mixed RAM Spacer DDR4 2666 Micron 2400T Samsung 2133P Desktop Server picture

Lot Of (8) Mixed RAM Spacer DDR4 2666 Micron 2400T Samsung 2133P Desktop Server

$880.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.  picture

64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.

$260.00



SK hynix 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4 RDIMM Registered PC4-2666V HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK hynix 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4 RDIMM Registered PC4-2666V HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$1200.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



SK hynix 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH Server Memory picture

SK hynix 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH Server Memory

$300.00



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Micron 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-14900R-13-13-E2 ECC REG Server Memory picture

Micron 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-14900R-13-13-E2 ECC REG Server Memory

$75.00