I am not exactly sure how this program is supposed to work, but i would say to try getting "sendfax".
apt-get install sendfax
Hi all,
I have knoppix 3.3 installed on my laptop (hd install).
Now I want to send faxes using kdeprintfax. I configured the kdeprintfax util to use a remote hylafax server, but when I press send it gives me the following error:
-----------------
Sending fax via /usr/bin/sendfax -n -h '192.168.2.1' -x '' -c '' -f '' -d ''@'1234567890' '/tmp/kde-user/kdeprint_GooExCG'
/bin/bash: line 1: /usr/bin/sendfax: No such file or directory
------------------
Now does this mean I should have a local sendfax that talks to the remote sendfax on the hylafax server?
Do you have an idea?
TIA
I am not exactly sure how this program is supposed to work, but i would say to try getting "sendfax".
apt-get install sendfax
Nope, not found...Originally Posted by rneff
But I do not know if I really need a local sendfax on my laptop.
Basically the question/problem is:
1. Is a local sendfax on my laptop needed to communicate with a remote hylafax server?
2. Is the error messages initiated by my laptop or by the remote hylafax server?
Thanks for any advise.
Ok, I found it...
By default there is nos sendfax bundeled with knoppix, and using knoppix as a fax client to Hylafax you need it plus a few other files. This is what I did:
My Hylafax server is a RedHat distro. I copied the following files to my laptop: (as root)
/usr/bin/sendfax
/usr/lib/libfaxutil.so
Created the directory /etc/hylafax and copied:
/etc/hylafax/pagesizes
/etc/hylafax/typerules
...and it simply works. I did not change any defaults on the kdeprintfax command line presented by the system. No other fiddling was needed
I guess the above files have to come from the hylafax server to match exact same versions. Haven't tested other versions yet.
I hope it's usefull to others
Thanks for the attention.

Vintage Apple Macintosh Ethernet Network Card 820-0207-A 1987 NuBus Adapter
$55.00
Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse
$159.95
Rowallan Scotland Vintage Genuine Leather Briefcase/Messenger Bag 3-Piece Set
$399.00
Vintage HP-85A Series 80 Computer Hewlett Packard Working Powers On + Case RAM
$275.00
Vintage DataArm RBX Ergonomic Computer Arm Supports Desk Mount Pair Wrist Rests
$99.99
Vintage Plextor CD-ROM Drive PX-32TSI TLA # 0303 April 1999
$69.00
Vintage laptop Canon Innova Book 200LS
$100.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Compaq 7550 17" CRT Retro Gaming Monitor PE1160-FS7550 VGA Vintage 2003 WORKING
$279.99
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99