Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: how to use samba?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3

    how to use samba?

    I have tried to configure Lisa and Relisa hundreds of times, but I could never access to my win computer

    I dont know if Im doing it right: I juest exec Lisa daemon (# lisa) and the in konqueror I write lan:/ instead of file:/, by it alwais shows an error or just nothing happens

    Please could anybody explain how to share files beteen Linux and windows in LAN

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    I haven't been able to do this either but I have managed to connect to my Win comptuer using 'LinNeighorhood'. All you should have to do is add your Win machine under the 'Add' tab, shares will be mounted as you access them.
    My problem is getting the Win machine to connect to the Knoppix machine but I'm going to post this as a separate message.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1
    use "smb://servername" instead of "lan://" should work.
    The moment you need rights you will be asked for username/password.

Similar Threads

  1. samba is gay
    By ghostblaze in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 03:14 AM
  2. Samba and MTU
    By jimbo62 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 03:22 AM
  3. editing /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf as root ?!?!
    By smarchand291 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
  4. Samba?
    By Tovi in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 08:42 AM
  5. Samba help
    By Prototask in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple Macintosh Ethernet Network Card 820-0207-A 1987 NuBus Adapter picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Ethernet Network Card 820-0207-A 1987 NuBus Adapter

$55.00



Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse picture

Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse

$159.95



Rowallan Scotland Vintage Genuine Leather Briefcase/Messenger Bag 3-Piece Set picture

Rowallan Scotland Vintage Genuine Leather Briefcase/Messenger Bag 3-Piece Set

$399.00



Vintage HP-85A Series 80 Computer Hewlett Packard Working Powers On + Case RAM picture

Vintage HP-85A Series 80 Computer Hewlett Packard Working Powers On + Case RAM

$275.00



Vintage DataArm RBX Ergonomic Computer Arm Supports Desk Mount Pair Wrist Rests picture

Vintage DataArm RBX Ergonomic Computer Arm Supports Desk Mount Pair Wrist Rests

$99.99



Vintage Plextor CD-ROM Drive PX-32TSI TLA # 0303 April 1999 picture

Vintage Plextor CD-ROM Drive PX-32TSI TLA # 0303 April 1999

$69.00



Vintage laptop Canon Innova Book 200LS picture

Vintage laptop Canon Innova Book 200LS

$100.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Compaq 7550 17

Compaq 7550 17" CRT Retro Gaming Monitor PE1160-FS7550 VGA Vintage 2003 WORKING

$279.99



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99