-
Senior Member
registered user
knoppix-installer
Maybe this should go under HDD installs but I'm putting it here because it's actually a critical comment on programs in general...that is, writers should pay more attention to what happens if things DON'T go as intended.
What happened...I installed Knoppix 3.3 on my desktop (dual boot, 3G ext2 partition) using knoppix-installer. Everything went OK. I then tried the same on my laptop (dual boot, only 2.25G partition for linux). It got to qtparted, would not allow to write or create any partitions, on exit it just returned to the 'partition your HD or quit' choice screen. It would not go any farther. 'Help' was no help, it just said 'Here you can partition your hard drive'.
I gave up & installed successfully using the old 'knx-hdinstall'.
I'm ASSUMING it was refusing to install because it wanted to have more than 2.25G available....but the user should have been prompted if this was the problem instead of just left hanging at the qtpartition. I'm making this assumption because knx-hdinstall did more or less the same thing. It was even more difficult to solve because the prompts were in German & I was totally new to Linux (still am).
Maybe it doesn't seem like a big thing but it could be what keeps someone from becoming a Linux user.
OK I'm waiting for the flames.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I had the same thing. This is a known bug:
http://www.knoppix.net/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=263
Apparently there is a workaround :
For those guys, who just get to the partition menu and can't go to the main menu, as my installer thinks the partition is not yet, right.
Please do the following steps:
sudo rebuildfstab -r -v # this should add all your partitions
export IGNORE_CHECK=1
sudo knoppix-installer
Then you can also install wihtout swap-partition and also install on a disk, which is smaller then we would need it. However do this onyour own risk .
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 03:59 PM
-
By Danielx11 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:03 PM
-
By ValhallaSystems in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 06:36 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco UCSC-M-V25-04 V02 10GB / 25GB 68-6971-04 Quad Port Network Adaptor
$399.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00