-
Hardware?
About a month ago I put my fears aside and started experimenting with Linux. Since then, I have "tried" all CD based distro's I could lay my hands on. From DemoLinux to Antarctica. About two weeks ago I learned about Knoppix and his sister Freeduc. Most impressive and smooth as silk. I now carry a copy of Knoppix 3.1 in my briefcase which goes everywhere with me.
I have also converted at least three (3) Windoze cultists to Knoppix. At least they are in closet, for, at work we all four must contend with Billy Bob's handy works.
I am by all means a newbie to the Linux universe, and worse yet, I have to lead my little rebel pack to salvation too.
Will someone please help us with two recurring issues. One is to get a "wheelmouse" work with knoppix. I have read most posts to this foroum and others (other distros) as well. They all refer to cheat codes which did not work with my system except made the pointer in the GUI freeze, and/or they refer to editing the protocols and "options" and such. Incidentally, SUSE Live eval, recognized it from the get go. Would anyone teach me, an in "layman's" terms, as "how" to edit these protocols? In other words I do go to Konsole but I don't know where to find these files and what to do with them, after I added to or subtracted from them. Two, at the first boot with Knoppix, and I mean the very first boot, my Lexmark E-210 USB printer was recognized and worked beautifully. However, in subsequent boots since then, "CUPS" faults out and will not reach the appropriate server and thus no print and no fun. Thrid, (did I mention two issues?), how do I add realplayer to my system, I do listen to a few overseas radios that are only available in .rm. How do I go about installing anything, be it apps or fonts in Linux? Incidentally, is there a cheat for mediplayer broadcast in Linux? I am not interested in WMA, but the radiocast only.
Any and all help will be much appreciated.
Ye' all live long and prosper, ye' hear?
Similar Threads
-
By ruster in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-30-2004, 05:19 AM
-
By mrsmidt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 09:10 PM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By srinivasan in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 02:50 AM
-
By nitrousracer2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 11:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Samsung T7 Portable SSD 1TB Titan Gray USB-C USB 3.2 1050MB/s Password
$165.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

SAMSUNG CD-RW DRIVE MODEL SW-224 AMAZING CONDITION+ORIGINAL BOX NEVER USED
$30.00

Samsung - Galaxy Tab A11+ - 11" 128GB - Wi-Fi - Gray - Brand new
$235.59

Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)
$120.00