-
Senior Member
registered user
Here in the UK a couple of days ago NTLworld broadband had a DNS server problem which too everything out for hours. Normally I would connect using 'eth0' and when I got fed up waiting for the broadband connection to get fixed (you must remember, I wasn't absolutely sure that it was broken) I plugged my old external (serial) modem back in and dialed up on Freeserve.
Although I had a PPP connection on the moden, Kmail and Mozilla still 'looked' at 'eth0' and I could not connect, until I did:-
ifconfig eth0 down
(I think!!!! I cannot do it now, or 'click' - silence....... no post!)
Check man ifconfig or ifconfig --help
Hope this helps, Stoo.....
Similar Threads
-
By imperator1967 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 12:37 PM
-
By kq9j in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 01:40 AM
-
By th3b0d0mr3ap3r in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 04:07 AM
-
By fannymites in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 07:46 AM
-
By brownalert in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95