-
yeah, me too...I'm using a desktop at work, pII, 64M, knx-hdinstalled (3.2)...it has both eth card and internal modem (hard modem)...the three external hard modems I tried yesterday were not being found by kppp _or_ pppconfig, finally got the internal to work.
Then, it would dialup, but no name resolution, so I tried
ifconfig
and eth0 was there, hanging out....
so I killed eth0 with
ifconfig eth0 down
I disconnected from the net, and restarted kppp (which is what I was using in the end), and everything worked fine.
Reboot this am, and eth0 is still there, causing the same probs. This computer needs to go out to a client, who only speaks russian and is a pensioner, and I'm trying to set it up for them so it's all easy (big fat icons on desktop kinda stuff) - any ideas on how to stop eth0 from appearing?
Similar Threads
-
By imperator1967 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 12:37 PM
-
By kq9j in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 01:40 AM
-
By th3b0d0mr3ap3r in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 04:07 AM
-
By fannymites in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 07:46 AM
-
By brownalert in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59