Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: uninstalling stuff ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    5100N 0019W
    Posts
    19

    uninstalling stuff ?

    Having done a hard disc install,

    How do I get rid of some of the stuff that was on the live cd, shows up on the menu's but when I try to uninstall, it tell's me that it's not installed.

    For example open office 1.0.2/3 - I have already installed OOo 1.1.0

    Also, whenever I look in the package manager to see if I can get rid of stuff that way, I highlight/mark packages that I know are in there, but the package manager wants to only install them?

    regards

    John

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: uninstalling stuff ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn
    Having done a hard disc install,

    How do I get rid of some of the stuff that was on the live cd, shows up on the menu's but when I try to uninstall, it tell's me that it's not installed.

    For example open office 1.0.2/3 - I have already installed OOo 1.1.0

    Also, whenever I look in the package manager to see if I can get rid of stuff that way, I highlight/mark packages that I know are in there, but the package manager wants to only install them?

    regards

    John
    I belive it is using the German-English version so you would be looking to uninstall openoffice-de-en. To check if it is installed apt-cache policy openoffice-de-en in a console window to remove as root in the console window apt-get --purge remove openoffice-de-en. A thread with some other commands for apt-get and dpkg.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    apt-get remove openoff* should also get the job done. Also, go a google for 'Tech2khomepage' for some more hints etc about slimming down Knoppix. Also see http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto. It's easy to overdo it though, right now I'm reinstalling on my laptop after doing something (not sure what) that trashed it to the point it wouldn't run anymore.

Similar Threads

  1. Uninstalling software
    By astump in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 10:13 PM
  2. uninstalling programs
    By s-r-b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
  3. Uninstalling firewall
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 05:20 PM
  4. Uninstalling Knoppix
    By anman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2003, 03:49 AM
  5. uninstalling knoppix
    By bigfootedman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 06:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



HP ZBook Firefly 14

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC

$184.99



HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD picture

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD

$249.00



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11 picture

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11

$89.99



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99