Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do you install hardware in Knoppix 3.3?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    12

    How do you install hardware in Knoppix 3.3?

    I can boot into it fine, however it does not recognize my Wusb11 ver 2.6 wireless adapter, so I have no internet connection. I did however download the drivers for the adapter, maybe that is what is lacking? Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    If this is a hard drive install, you really should be posting somewhere else.

    You need to build the drivers. What does the readme say? Where are you stuck?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    Wireless ETHERNET Adaptor???

    If this is a wireless Ethernet adaptor, you had best pray it isn't based on a 3Com design, those *expleditive* have out and out said that they will not support linux with drivers for their 802.11x cards.

    Otherwise, the support typically should be installed. My Asus card works like a dream. Sorry I can't be more helpful on this one, but keep us up to date, and don't give up. Linux may equal freedom, but that's at a 30% learning premium.

    Civ

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    After a little looking...

    So I didn't want to just leave you at that, and did a little looking. If you can figure out the man's Portu-English, a solution for a Debian solution seems to be to follow some instructions on this page:

    http://lists.linux-wlan.com/pipermai...ry/008912.html

    May not help too much if you're not a HD install. Otherwise, you'll have to create your own Knoppix CD, but that's not too tough.

    Good luck!

    Civ

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    12
    Thanks civil. I am going to fool around with those amtel drivers. I just don't really understand the read me, it seems to be for someone who has a little more existing knowledge than myself.

    Wish me luck!

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    12
    I tried the drivers, what I done is copied them from my windows partition to my desktop, opened a terminal, and in the readme it said to type "make config" I did that and it said I do not have permission. I did "su" and tried it as root. Same thing. Maybe I can't install the drivers because I am only booting from the cd?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Hardware Autodetection on HDD Install
    By Juztin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 07:22 PM
  2. Hardware install for CD boot environment???
    By dallas7 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 08:21 AM
  3. Hardware detection after HD install
    By Christer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 03:32 PM
  4. After HD Install, how to trigger hardware detection
    By andy_and_fred in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 09:37 PM
  5. Can,t install no hardware
    By mann in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 12:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



JUNIPER Network QFX5200-32C-AFI 32x 100Gb QSFP28 40Gb QSFP+ 2x PS Switch w Rails picture

JUNIPER Network QFX5200-32C-AFI 32x 100Gb QSFP28 40Gb QSFP+ 2x PS Switch w Rails

$1548.00



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch

$89.99