Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Refresh Rate Issues

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3

    Refresh Rate Issues

    I am running the 9-24-03 build of Knoppix v3.3 off of the CD, and I'm having trouble changing the refresh rate. I did a search and tried the solutions listed in previous threads, but none of them work for me. The video card I'm using is a Radeon 9800 and the monitor is an Acer 99sl.

    None of the cheat codes seem to do anything. Specifying xvrefresh=85 or vsync=85 has no effect.

    Also, I tried using xmodule=ati, xmodule=radeon, and xmodule=fbdev. None of those options work correctly and the thing gives an error and defaults back to vesa. Is there a problem with the 9800 and Knoppix?

    Using fb1280x1024 to specify the resolution doesn't work either, but screen=1280x1024 does. I also tried adding noddc which stops the auto monitor detection but doesn't help with the refresh rate issue.

    In addition to the cheatcodes, I have tried running kxconfig as root and then restarting x with init 3, then init 5. That didn't do anything either. I also tried running kxconfig and saving the config to a floppy disk and loading it back up using floppyconfig during boot, but that didn't help either.

    I also tried the command dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 (as recommended in a previous thread), but that didn't fix it either.

    I'm kind of stuck at this point because I can't find any more info on it and running at 60 Hz is just a horrible pain to the eyes.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3
    Help?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6
    have you entered the monitor settings manual and then choose 100 hz?

    settings / control center / pheriperales / display / monitor

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3
    Yes I have. I believe this does the same thing as running kxconfig. Either way it doesn't do anything.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6
    Must be a knoppix related problem them. I found out that knoppix doesnt save all settings you made. e. x. the desktop setting is always set back to 640x480 at 8 bit, altough the monitor displays 1024x768 correctly.

Similar Threads

  1. Refresh Rate
    By rehorne in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 09:41 AM
  2. refresh rate
    By jeanthibca in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
  3. Refresh rate
    By pnti in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 07:36 PM
  4. refresh rate
    By Zibar in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 08:04 PM
  5. Refresh Rate
    By bateto_007 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF Core i5-7500, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win11 PRO Up picture

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF Core i5-7500, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win11 PRO Up

$89.00



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$395.00



HP - OmniBook 3 - 14

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...

$399.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor…. picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….

$309.99



*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF picture

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF

$429.00



Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$229.99



Dell Optiplex 5060 SFF Intel Core i5-8600 3.1 GHz 8 GB RAM No HDD No OS picture

Dell Optiplex 5060 SFF Intel Core i5-8600 3.1 GHz 8 GB RAM No HDD No OS

$99.99