Help?
I am running the 9-24-03 build of Knoppix v3.3 off of the CD, and I'm having trouble changing the refresh rate. I did a search and tried the solutions listed in previous threads, but none of them work for me. The video card I'm using is a Radeon 9800 and the monitor is an Acer 99sl.
None of the cheat codes seem to do anything. Specifying xvrefresh=85 or vsync=85 has no effect.
Also, I tried using xmodule=ati, xmodule=radeon, and xmodule=fbdev. None of those options work correctly and the thing gives an error and defaults back to vesa. Is there a problem with the 9800 and Knoppix?
Using fb1280x1024 to specify the resolution doesn't work either, but screen=1280x1024 does. I also tried adding noddc which stops the auto monitor detection but doesn't help with the refresh rate issue.
In addition to the cheatcodes, I have tried running kxconfig as root and then restarting x with init 3, then init 5. That didn't do anything either. I also tried running kxconfig and saving the config to a floppy disk and loading it back up using floppyconfig during boot, but that didn't help either.
I also tried the command dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 (as recommended in a previous thread), but that didn't fix it either.
I'm kind of stuck at this point because I can't find any more info on it and running at 60 Hz is just a horrible pain to the eyes.
Help?
have you entered the monitor settings manual and then choose 100 hz?
settings / control center / pheriperales / display / monitor
Yes I have. I believe this does the same thing as running kxconfig. Either way it doesn't do anything.
Must be a knoppix related problem them. I found out that knoppix doesnt save all settings you made. e. x. the desktop setting is always set back to 640x480 at 8 bit, altough the monitor displays 1024x768 correctly.

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands
$249.95
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Apple Computer Keychain Vtg Mac OS Smile Face Rainbow Acrylic Promo Advertising
$19.06
Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB
$299.99
Vintage APPLE KEYBOARD II & DESKTOP BUS MOUSE Macintosh M0487 M2706 UNTESTED
$59.95
Rare Vintage Apple Computer Promo Set Rainbow Logo Towel Polo Shirt Report Pad
$199.99
Vintage Apple iBook Clamshell Graphite 466MHz 60GB HD 128 Ram OS 9 & 10
$350.00
Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer Model A2S2064 w/ Power Cord
$120.02
Apple Vintage Joystick for Apple IIe IIc Computer Controller A2M2002
$72.50