-
Refresh Rate Issues
I am running the 9-24-03 build of Knoppix v3.3 off of the CD, and I'm having trouble changing the refresh rate. I did a search and tried the solutions listed in previous threads, but none of them work for me. The video card I'm using is a Radeon 9800 and the monitor is an Acer 99sl.
None of the cheat codes seem to do anything. Specifying xvrefresh=85 or vsync=85 has no effect.
Also, I tried using xmodule=ati, xmodule=radeon, and xmodule=fbdev. None of those options work correctly and the thing gives an error and defaults back to vesa. Is there a problem with the 9800 and Knoppix?
Using fb1280x1024 to specify the resolution doesn't work either, but screen=1280x1024 does. I also tried adding noddc which stops the auto monitor detection but doesn't help with the refresh rate issue.
In addition to the cheatcodes, I have tried running kxconfig as root and then restarting x with init 3, then init 5. That didn't do anything either. I also tried running kxconfig and saving the config to a floppy disk and loading it back up using floppyconfig during boot, but that didn't help either.
I also tried the command dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 (as recommended in a previous thread), but that didn't fix it either.
I'm kind of stuck at this point because I can't find any more info on it and running at 60 Hz is just a horrible pain to the eyes.
Similar Threads
-
By rehorne in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 09:41 AM
-
By jeanthibca in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 07:36 PM
-
By Zibar in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-20-2003, 08:04 PM
-
By bateto_007 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00