-
Remastering with HP OpenView Agent and hostname
Hello
I'm relatively new to Linux and Knoppix. I have a little knowledge about all this stuff but I like it.
O.K., here's my problem:
I have to remaster KNOPPIX to create a CD with a HP OpenView Software Agent (Recovery CD).
I've followed the Remastering HowTo from this site and copied the relevant files to the source directory. Because it need inetd, I've edited the (source/KNOPPIX)/etc/inetd.conf and added this line:
omni stream tcp nowait /usr/omni/bin/inet inet -log /usr/omni/log/inet.log
Usualkly I've use a setup script to install it on Red Hat and SuSe. But it doesn't work on KNOPPIX, so I copied the files manually from a working SuSe Installation to the KNOPPIX source dir.
To automate the automatic start of inetd If created a link (ln -s) under /etc/rc5.d to inet (S15inetd).
This will start inetd during start of KNOPPIX.
The problem start when I try to include the machine in the infrastructure. The Tool said it doesn't find the machine. Ping to the DNS Name is OK.
When I run ps -A it shows inetd in the list.
Normally there must be a port 5555 open. When I run a PortScanner there is only FTP Port 21 open.
Is there something wrong what I did?
Further I would ask how I can change the hostname of the new CD? When I run hostname <newhostname> (after chroot) it will change the hostname of the current instance and not of the chrooted installation. I've already changed the hosts file, but nothing changed. It remains at knoppix.
I hope someone can help me. I don't think that the first problem is a problem of the added software, but from my customisation.
Greetings
Salvatore
-
Junior Member
registered user
/etc ??
Have a look in /etc/hostname won't work I think.
The hostname is set by /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, also you have to edit the name-resolution configuration, cause it is also set to knoppix.
A very simple way to change all config files is by using fs-reengine.
Have a look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5350
Similar Threads
-
By Valhalla in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 07:53 PM
-
By kclawson in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 02:18 AM
-
By WimG in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 04:16 PM
-
By jensen in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 10:30 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 12:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck
$99.99

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works
$169.99

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage Mac OS X v10.2.3 Install Disc 2 and Mac OS X Developer Tools Untested
$17.99