Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remastering with HP OpenView Agent and hostname

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2

    Remastering with HP OpenView Agent and hostname

    Hello

    I'm relatively new to Linux and Knoppix. I have a little knowledge about all this stuff but I like it.

    O.K., here's my problem:
    I have to remaster KNOPPIX to create a CD with a HP OpenView Software Agent (Recovery CD).
    I've followed the Remastering HowTo from this site and copied the relevant files to the source directory. Because it need inetd, I've edited the (source/KNOPPIX)/etc/inetd.conf and added this line:
    omni stream tcp nowait /usr/omni/bin/inet inet -log /usr/omni/log/inet.log

    Usualkly I've use a setup script to install it on Red Hat and SuSe. But it doesn't work on KNOPPIX, so I copied the files manually from a working SuSe Installation to the KNOPPIX source dir.

    To automate the automatic start of inetd If created a link (ln -s) under /etc/rc5.d to inet (S15inetd).
    This will start inetd during start of KNOPPIX.

    The problem start when I try to include the machine in the infrastructure. The Tool said it doesn't find the machine. Ping to the DNS Name is OK.

    When I run ps -A it shows inetd in the list.
    Normally there must be a port 5555 open. When I run a PortScanner there is only FTP Port 21 open.

    Is there something wrong what I did?

    Further I would ask how I can change the hostname of the new CD? When I run hostname <newhostname> (after chroot) it will change the hostname of the current instance and not of the chrooted installation. I've already changed the hosts file, but nothing changed. It remains at knoppix.

    I hope someone can help me. I don't think that the first problem is a problem of the added software, but from my customisation.

    Greetings
    Salvatore

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    17

    /etc ??

    Have a look in /etc/hostname won't work I think.

    The hostname is set by /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, also you have to edit the name-resolution configuration, cause it is also set to knoppix.

    A very simple way to change all config files is by using fs-reengine.

    Have a look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5350

Similar Threads

  1. change hostname?
    By Valhalla in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 07:53 PM
  2. Knoppix changed my HOSTNAME env var?
    By kclawson in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 02:18 AM
  3. Can't set hostname.
    By WimG in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 04:16 PM
  4. How do I change the hostname?
    By jensen in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 10:30 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 12:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$69.00



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5

Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD

$34.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket picture

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket

$249.99