-
Finally made a nice mini (209 mg)
As advised I started out with Knoppix-Lite. I stripped out KDE and added Fluxbox. I wanted a mini that would give me a some tools to work and some toys for messing around.
In KDE's place I added:
Abiword + English version
Phoenix (apt-get version)
Flash player (sitting inside Phoenix)
Mplayer
Emelfm
Vim
Flite (small text to speech utility)
gftp
tinyirc
Gkrellm
XPilot
The Gimp
Xchat (if it wasn't already there, can't emember
)
Knoppix-Lite already had a lot of nice apps, and I left most of them in place.
If anybody wants a copy of it I'll look into puting it up on someone's ftp server.
Next I want t see if I could make an X enabled BBC (sub 50mb) out of Knoppix, again, it wouldn't really be a rescue disk like lnk-bbc, more like a toy with some fun but small apps and light desktop tools.
Similar Threads
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 09:58 PM
-
By SunnyB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 03:39 PM
-
By ClayJar in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:28 AM
-
By bb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 05:47 AM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y
$699.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM
$145.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99