Did you get this through dynamism? How do you like it?
The Sharp Zaurus SL-C760 can talk TCP/IP to Knoppix via USB. This means I can go to anyone's PC, boot from a Knoppix LiveCD, insmod one file from a floppy (or the network) and then set up TCP/IP via USB to the Zaurus, all without having to mess with the host PC's drivers or even touch its hard drive.
Here's what I did:
0) Boot Knoppix, open a root shell. (I used Knoppix 3.3 2003-09-24, but most recent versions should work)
1) Download and unpack http://home.earthlink.net/~cocoadev/...ndalone.tar.gz
2) Apply this diff to usbnet.c:
3) make (might need to adjust LINUX_DIR in Makefile first)Code:1428a1429,1438 > static const struct driver_info zaurus_slc760_info = { > /* Japanese C760 ~= US SL-C760 */ > .description = "Sharp Zaurus SL-C760", > .flags = FLAG_FRAMING_Z, > .check_connect = always_connected, > .tx_fixup = zaurus_tx_fixup, > .in = 1, .out = 2, > .epsize = 64, > }; 2404a2415,2423 > }, { > .match_flags = USB_DEVICE_ID_MATCH_INT_INFO > | USB_DEVICE_ID_MATCH_DEVICE, > .idVendor = 0x04DD, > .idProduct = 0x9031, > .bInterfaceClass = 0x02, > .bInterfaceSubClass = 0x0a, > .bInterfaceProtocol = 0x00, > .driver_info = (unsigned long) &zaurus_slc760_info,
4) insmod ./usbnet.o
5) ifconfig usb0 192.168.129.1
6) ping 192.168.129.201
7) mount //192.168.129.201/home /mnt/test
... and now Knoppix should be able to browse the Z's filesystem at /mnt/test, or telnet into the Z at 192.168.129.201, whatever. If you want the Z to have full internet access using the Knoppix PC as a gateway, then you'll have to set up routing and NAT.
I saved usbnet.o to a floppy so I can skip steps 1-3 in the future. Should probably put a script on the floppy to automate the insmod/ifconfig/mount steps too. If I was really ambitious I'd remaster the Knoppix CD so it would just boot with the custom usbnet.o already loaded. But I would expect this to make it into the mainstream soon enough anyway, there will probably be a future Knoppix release that supports usbnet to the C760 right out of the box.
Did you get this through dynamism? How do you like it?
Yes, Dynamism loaned me a C760 for review. I'll post a link when the review is ready in a few weeks, but so far in general I like it a lot.Originally Posted by rneff
I bet you do!!! Thanks for the tip. Wish I had oneOriginally Posted by jdiercks
![]()
so how did you get the Zaurus to sync with Knoppix? It looks like you just got networking going but sync'ing means synchronizing the PIM applications with something on the desktop. What applications where you able to synchronized data with? Kaddressbook? KOrganizer?
I can ping my Zaurus (SL-A300) but when I try to mount the file system it asks for password ! Not sure what should I be entering here

Vintage Commodore 128 -Tested-As Is No Cables, console only -READ DESCRIPTION
$165.00
BitBinders 1581DV Dual 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive for Commodore 8-Bit Computers READ
$429.00
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
1980's Commodore VIC - 20 Computer with Original Box and Manuals POWERS ON
$99.95
Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99