Quote Originally Posted by Herlock
Hope it isn't me that is a lamer

I have now used the fine tool and everything went well...but...the CD won't boot !?!
I'm afraid I haven't used this tool so I can't be certain about what the problem is. However, it would be helpful if you tell people what exactly "won't boot" means? Do you mean that your machine is set to boot from cd but just boots as normal with the cd in? Or do you mean that it starts to boot and fails at some point?

If you machine is ignoring the cd, then it's pretty certain that the cd isn't bootable for some reason. You could try making a boot floppy from the cd (not sure how you do it if it has a 2.88M boot.img) using "dd if=/cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img of=dev/fd0" and then booting from it instead. If you wrote the original onto a cd-rw you could go back in and re-write the cd, making sure that mkisofs is passed in the boot.img to make it bootable (use "-b /master/KNOPPIX/boot.img" in your options to mkisofs).

If your machine is starting to boot up (i.e. something happens, different to what happens when you don't have the cd in) but doesn't complete the boot up then you'll just have to tell us all where it falls over and then someone could figure out what's wrong.