There's no performance difference; Knoppix has built-in support for the VMWare accelerated X driver, and it probes the DMA modes correctly. It's one of the only ready-to-use VMWare distros.
I like to run Knoppix in vmware. I can't install the vmware tools if they were already installed in Knoppix then I would get better performance in vmware.
Any info on how we can get vmware tools installed on knoppix plz let me know thanks.
There's no performance difference; Knoppix has built-in support for the VMWare accelerated X driver, and it probes the DMA modes correctly. It's one of the only ready-to-use VMWare distros.
It's not a performance question (from what I see) it's little things like seamless cursor support and file drag/drop ability. Hitting ctrl-alt constantly to release the cursor is downright annoying.
VMware tries to install the VMTools but it cannot because the cdrom is read only of course.
Linux VMware Tools 2 is publicly available, perhaps it can be put into the next build (or at least an experiemental one, I'd love to try it)
http://www.vmware.com/download/downloadtools.html
I *think* version 2 of the tools will at least give it some basic functionality.
have you tried installing knoppix to the "hard disk"?
I checked out this site ;
http://www.nwfusion.com/columnists/2...4gearhead.html
And now I am about to install Knoppixon my HD!
I am runningW2K
with VMWare 4.0.5...
I don't see the necessity of installing VM-Tools, all works fine without!

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00