Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Vmware Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Vmware Knoppix

    I like to run Knoppix in vmware. I can't install the vmware tools if they were already installed in Knoppix then I would get better performance in vmware.

    Any info on how we can get vmware tools installed on knoppix plz let me know thanks.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    32
    There's no performance difference; Knoppix has built-in support for the VMWare accelerated X driver, and it probes the DMA modes correctly. It's one of the only ready-to-use VMWare distros.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1
    It's not a performance question (from what I see) it's little things like seamless cursor support and file drag/drop ability. Hitting ctrl-alt constantly to release the cursor is downright annoying.

    VMware tries to install the VMTools but it cannot because the cdrom is read only of course.

    Linux VMware Tools 2 is publicly available, perhaps it can be put into the next build (or at least an experiemental one, I'd love to try it)

    http://www.vmware.com/download/downloadtools.html

    I *think* version 2 of the tools will at least give it some basic functionality.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1
    have you tried installing knoppix to the "hard disk"?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    6

    Knoppix HD install from W2K VMWare 4.0

    I checked out this site ;

    http://www.nwfusion.com/columnists/2...4gearhead.html

    And now I am about to install Knoppix on my HD!
    I am running W2K with VMWare 4.0.5...

    I don't see the necessity of installing VM-Tools, all works fine without!

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix and VMWare Workstation 4
    By Arkasha in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 02:29 PM
  2. VMWare: VMWare Tools can not be installed
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
  3. Installing Knoppix Thru VMWare
    By Fitzy in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 08:54 PM
  4. Knoppix-3.4 and Vmware-4.0.5
    By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 04:49 AM
  5. VMWare 4.0 and Knoppix 3.2 problems
    By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks 25GBASE-LR SMF 25Gbps 10km 1310nm LC SFP 740-071562 Lot 10 picture

Juniper Networks 25GBASE-LR SMF 25Gbps 10km 1310nm LC SFP 740-071562 Lot 10

$1200.00



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB picture

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB

$54.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99