Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Printer prints blank first page

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    Printer prints blank first page

    I really hope someone can help me out with this one, it's a problem that's slowly driving me crazy.

    I'm running a Canon i320 (really nice, affordable little printer) which only has linux support through TurboPrint. (www.turboprint.de/english.html) My problem is that in about 50% of my applications (Konqueror, Ooo to name a couple) when I print a document, everything prints normally, except the first page is always blank. This occurs when I print 2-up and other multiple page per sheet formats as well... the space occupied by the document's first page is left blank. In Open Office I've even resorted to including a blank first page in documents.

    Strangely enough, Mozilla (and the other half of my apps) prints fine, first page and all.

    Maybe it's a problem with how I'm sending jobs to the printer, but I don't know how to check that and I certainly need help to fix it.

    Hopefully someone's run accross this sort of thing before.

    Thanks,

    Civ

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    Fixed problem by install Knoppix 3.3

    The shame *sigh*....

    I fixed this problem by installing Knoppix 3.3... which means I really didn't fix anything, but am left still wondering what had gone wrong. Oh well, I guess I'm not as big a purist as I thought.

    Civ

Similar Threads

  1. prints in gimp too dark with deskjet 895C? Solution!!
    By eradusfalk in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 09:04 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 04:16 AM
  3. HPDJ940C printing in KSpread (bad prints)
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 06:07 AM
  4. 3.4 page cannot be found
    By rohara in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 03:53 AM
  5. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot

$280.00



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive

$24.99