Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Printer prints blank first page

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    Printer prints blank first page

    I really hope someone can help me out with this one, it's a problem that's slowly driving me crazy.

    I'm running a Canon i320 (really nice, affordable little printer) which only has linux support through TurboPrint. (www.turboprint.de/english.html) My problem is that in about 50% of my applications (Konqueror, Ooo to name a couple) when I print a document, everything prints normally, except the first page is always blank. This occurs when I print 2-up and other multiple page per sheet formats as well... the space occupied by the document's first page is left blank. In Open Office I've even resorted to including a blank first page in documents.

    Strangely enough, Mozilla (and the other half of my apps) prints fine, first page and all.

    Maybe it's a problem with how I'm sending jobs to the printer, but I don't know how to check that and I certainly need help to fix it.

    Hopefully someone's run accross this sort of thing before.

    Thanks,

    Civ

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    Fixed problem by install Knoppix 3.3

    The shame *sigh*....

    I fixed this problem by installing Knoppix 3.3... which means I really didn't fix anything, but am left still wondering what had gone wrong. Oh well, I guess I'm not as big a purist as I thought.

    Civ

Similar Threads

  1. prints in gimp too dark with deskjet 895C? Solution!!
    By eradusfalk in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 09:04 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 04:16 AM
  3. HPDJ940C printing in KSpread (bad prints)
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 06:07 AM
  4. 3.4 page cannot be found
    By rohara in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 03:53 AM
  5. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$739.99



Areca PCI Express ARC-1883LP VER: 3.1 (A2G) SAS RAID Card picture

Areca PCI Express ARC-1883LP VER: 3.1 (A2G) SAS RAID Card

$395.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00