Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Printer prints blank first page

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    Printer prints blank first page

    I really hope someone can help me out with this one, it's a problem that's slowly driving me crazy.

    I'm running a Canon i320 (really nice, affordable little printer) which only has linux support through TurboPrint. (www.turboprint.de/english.html) My problem is that in about 50% of my applications (Konqueror, Ooo to name a couple) when I print a document, everything prints normally, except the first page is always blank. This occurs when I print 2-up and other multiple page per sheet formats as well... the space occupied by the document's first page is left blank. In Open Office I've even resorted to including a blank first page in documents.

    Strangely enough, Mozilla (and the other half of my apps) prints fine, first page and all.

    Maybe it's a problem with how I'm sending jobs to the printer, but I don't know how to check that and I certainly need help to fix it.

    Hopefully someone's run accross this sort of thing before.

    Thanks,

    Civ

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    Fixed problem by install Knoppix 3.3

    The shame *sigh*....

    I fixed this problem by installing Knoppix 3.3... which means I really didn't fix anything, but am left still wondering what had gone wrong. Oh well, I guess I'm not as big a purist as I thought.

    Civ

Similar Threads

  1. prints in gimp too dark with deskjet 895C? Solution!!
    By eradusfalk in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 09:04 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 04:16 AM
  3. HPDJ940C printing in KSpread (bad prints)
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 06:07 AM
  4. 3.4 page cannot be found
    By rohara in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 03:53 AM
  5. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF picture

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF

$57.99



SK hynix (4X 16GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-2400) Memory (HMA82GR7AFR8N-XN) Tested picture

SK hynix (4X 16GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-2400) Memory (HMA82GR7AFR8N-XN) Tested

$400.00



Lot Of 180 Hynix 64gb PC4-2933Y 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server HMAA8GR7AJR4N-WM picture

Lot Of 180 Hynix 64gb PC4-2933Y 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server HMAA8GR7AJR4N-WM

$95000.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB

$34.99