Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Printer prints blank first page

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    Printer prints blank first page

    I really hope someone can help me out with this one, it's a problem that's slowly driving me crazy.

    I'm running a Canon i320 (really nice, affordable little printer) which only has linux support through TurboPrint. (www.turboprint.de/english.html) My problem is that in about 50% of my applications (Konqueror, Ooo to name a couple) when I print a document, everything prints normally, except the first page is always blank. This occurs when I print 2-up and other multiple page per sheet formats as well... the space occupied by the document's first page is left blank. In Open Office I've even resorted to including a blank first page in documents.

    Strangely enough, Mozilla (and the other half of my apps) prints fine, first page and all.

    Maybe it's a problem with how I'm sending jobs to the printer, but I don't know how to check that and I certainly need help to fix it.

    Hopefully someone's run accross this sort of thing before.

    Thanks,

    Civ

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    26

    Fixed problem by install Knoppix 3.3

    The shame *sigh*....

    I fixed this problem by installing Knoppix 3.3... which means I really didn't fix anything, but am left still wondering what had gone wrong. Oh well, I guess I'm not as big a purist as I thought.

    Civ

Similar Threads

  1. prints in gimp too dark with deskjet 895C? Solution!!
    By eradusfalk in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 09:04 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 04:16 AM
  3. HPDJ940C printing in KSpread (bad prints)
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 06:07 AM
  4. 3.4 page cannot be found
    By rohara in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 03:53 AM
  5. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Used Arista SFP-10G-SRL — RegenTech picture

Used Arista SFP-10G-SRL — RegenTech

$9.00



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00



Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m picture

Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m

$73.99