I was checking out the environment variables on my system (Knoppix 3.2 hdinstall), and it ends with the variable XMODIFIERS and the value for that is a long script (must be over a thousand lines, since it can't all fit in Konsole without using less at my current line limit) that starts like this:
I haven't seen anything like this script as an environ variable in any other distro I've used, and I don't know enough about scripting to figure it out. Does anyone recognize this or know what it's for?Code:ofl.ini _alias () { local cur; COMPREPLY=(); cur=${COMP_WORDS[$COMP_CWORD]}; case "$COMP_LINE" in *[^=]) COMPREPLY=($( compgen -A alias -S '=' -- $cur )) ;;
Thanks in advance.
Greg

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors
$290.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99