-
Accessing my home dirctory on / partition
I am running a variant of RH9.0
I would like to have read/write access to my /home/user directory and everything therein but even when 'Read Only' is unticked and mounted from the desktop it is locked.
If I go into the terminal as root and type:
chmod +r+w /user
I can get in but I only see /Desktop and nothing else (there are other directories in my /home directory).
What I am trying to do is share files between Knoppix and my installed Linux distro
Can anyone suggest another way to do this?
Mr_D
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 03:58 PM
-
By silence in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 08:40 PM
-
By RE Dude in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:37 PM
-
By DrMartinus in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 05:43 AM
-
By warpedmind in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99