1) I have the same problem, but desktop is correctly set @ 1024x768
2) Xvidtune, will allow you to resize screen size to get rid of borders.
![]()
first all infos from the settings / control center / panel / display are saved correctly. but the desktop size is set back to 640x480 on 8 bit. all other infos from display are kept correctly.
second. can i move my desktop positon per settings, cause i have large black borders on the left and bottom.
thx for reading.![]()
1) I have the same problem, but desktop is correctly set @ 1024x768
2) Xvidtune, will allow you to resize screen size to get rid of borders.
![]()
any tips on how to get rid of the borders if xvidtune doesnt work? I get the error "video modes are not tunable on this chip" (it is an intel integrated video card - Intel 82845G)Originally Posted by TheCyberDude
-Corey
I did find this (no guarantees -- never had to try it):
http://www.video-drivers.com/drivers/88/88447.htm
but it's only going to work -- I think -- if you do a hd install or remaster Knoppix.
XVIDTUNE Just what I was needing. Fixed my 1/4 screen shift! Thanks. One thing, do you know if the changes can be made permanent? If I reboot it goes back.
Again, Thanks
would i have to recompile the kernel to get driver support? I wouldnt have a clue how to start.Originally Posted by fingers99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$480.63
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48
SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$465.98
2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99