I can't for the life of me get internet connectivity in Knoppix, and I'm wondering if any experts here can guide me.
I use a static IP address through a router at 192.168.0.1, I have set up my nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf too (but that isnt the problem).
Knoppix seems to detect my network card (natsemi driver), and I know it works fine in linux as I use slackware on this machine, and previously many other distros.
I set up ifconfig manually and added the default gateway with route, but if I use the network card config program, it's still the same.
I have tried connecting directly to another computer on my LAN (to bypass the need for a nameserver to be working) and its the same, nothing happens, at all.
Heres the output.
root@ttyp0[/]# ifconfig && route
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:02:E3:18:7D4
inet addr:192.168.0.16 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:713 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:745 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:745
collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
RX bytes:43162 (42.1 KiB) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
Interrupt:11 Base address:0xf000
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:54 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:54 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:3852 (3.7 KiB) TX bytes:3852 (3.7 KiB)
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
192.168.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
default 192.168.0.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
Thanks.
EDIT : I'll add that I've tried Knoppix STD and an older version too, and its still the same. It works perfectly on my other system.

Vintage IBM ThinkPad 600X Type 2645 Laptop with accessories *Read Description*
$149.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Connectix RAM Doubler Vintage Software White Blue Box
$31.49
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage 1998-1999 iMac G3 Computer Back Small Cover Plate for Apple Clear
$12.00
Vintage Lot of 2 IBM PS/2 Floppy Drives
$25.00
🌟 Vintage 1972 IBM DOS/VS Manual Module 4 Virtual Systems Reference ZY23-4033-0
$98.76
Huge Lot Vintage Computer Manuals Disc's Floppys Macopener Windows 95 & More
$140.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99