-
Junior Member
registered user
Sorry I can't answer your question, except maybe su, but I have a similar question. I downloaded some .deb files. Can someone point me to a tutorial on installing software or relevant files that would tell me how to do it?
Also, is there a way to install them in their own folder instead of bin and create some kind of shortcut to run the app (XMMS)?
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I split your post from where you posted it. Please do try to make your own posts so they will be seen.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Drago
Sorry I can't answer your question, except maybe su, but I have a similar question. I downloaded some .deb files. Can someone point me to a tutorial on installing software or relevant files that would tell me how to do it?
Also, is there a way to install them in their own folder instead of bin and create some kind of shortcut to run the app (XMMS)?
Thanks.
There is an apt-get how to right here in the forums. If you're using KDE just right click on the desktop >CreateNewLinkToApplication and browse to the application.
-
Junior Member
registered user
To install a .deb file you downloaded try this as root:
dpkg -i thefilename.deb
Similar Threads
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
-
By hiweed in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 04:39 AM
-
By electronicjason in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 05:59 PM
-
By xolstis in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-29-2003, 06:29 AM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

LINKSYS PAP2T-NA Networking Internet Phone Adapter
$35.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

magicJack PLUS VoIP Phone Adapter USB, 1 Line, Caller ID, Black
$39.99

Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules
$69.00

Yealink W70B W73H DECT IP VoIP Cordless Phone Handset Base Charger Never Used
$109.00