-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: login as root? how?

Originally Posted by
Mogiin
I must change a file to let my scanner work in Knoppix.
But when I want to save this file , I don't have write permissions. I only can do that as "root".
I already created a password for "Root" , but how can I login as root?
Well I gurss you know about su and sudo on knoppix live cd to go from $ to #.You say you created the passwd already if so then to login type :
#login root <then passwd when asked>
#login user <then passwd when asked>
$su <passwd when asked>
$login <name and passwd when asked>
#login <name and passwd when asked>
Get the idea?
Similar Threads
-
By bsjawle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 05:02 AM
-
By ackelley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 11:52 PM
-
By mienque in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 06:15 AM
-
By Dark19 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 03:41 AM
-
By 1st_time in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-17-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore 64c Computer System
$550.00

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore VIC-1540 Single Floppy Disk Drive Rare Power Tested
$199.99

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99