Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: OpenOffice Update

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    8

    OpenOffice Update

    Hi!

    I'm using Knoppix 3.3 HDD Install. I want to update the OpenOffice to V1.1. But I don't know how because I'm a neeb

    Greetz bOOt

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: OpenOffice Update

    Quote Originally Posted by bootmaker
    I'm using Knoppix 3.3 HDD Install. I want to update the OpenOffice to V1.1. But I don't know how because I'm a neeb
    Actually, following the posted step-by-step instructions on the OOo site worked perfectly for me. There are at least two things to be aware of, however:

    1. Your original Knoppix OOo install is still there. It must be removed manually, and;
    2. Be sure to use network installation, not local.

    Item 2 might be a bit confusing, so I will explain. A "local" installation makes a full copy of the program for each user, whereas a "network" installation is to root with individual settings and directories for each user. Of course, this is especially important for systems with multiple users, or even if you might have multiple users later.

    The upgrade is really worthwhile. The new version loads and runs much more quickly and has more features.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -- Michael Rudas
    Metro Detroit Linux Users' Group: http://www.MDLUG.org
    PengiuCon 2.0, April 2004: http://www.PenguiCon.org

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I was able to upgrade like this:

    Code:
    apt-get install openoffice.org1.1-l10n-en
    In order to get spell checking working I had to do the following

    Code:
    myspell-en-us

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    8
    I'll try it tomorrow But what about German Open Office

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by bootmaker
    I'll try it tomorrow But what about German Open Office
    If you want German, then just use the following.

    openoffice.org1.1-l10n-de

    myspell-de-de

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    8
    Hi!

    I't don't work Here ist the failure:

    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-debian-files.
    Entpacke openoffice.org-debian-files (aus .../openoffice.org-debian-files_1.0.3-2+1_all.deb) ...
    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-bin.
    Entpacke openoffice.org-bin (aus .../openoffice.org-bin_1.0.3-2_i386.deb) ...
    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-l10n-de.
    Entpacke openoffice.org-l10n-de (aus .../openoffice.org-l10n-de_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org.
    Entpacke openoffice.org (aus .../openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb (--unpack):
    versuche »/usr/share/icons/locolor/16x16/apps/001_star_butterfly.xpm« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket openoffice-de-en ist
    dpkg-deb: Unterprozess paste getötet mit Signal (Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe))
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    Where is the Problem?

    Greetz

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by bootmaker
    Hi!

    I't don't work Here ist the failure:

    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-debian-files.
    Entpacke openoffice.org-debian-files (aus .../openoffice.org-debian-files_1.0.3-2+1_all.deb) ...
    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-bin.
    Entpacke openoffice.org-bin (aus .../openoffice.org-bin_1.0.3-2_i386.deb) ...
    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-l10n-de.
    Entpacke openoffice.org-l10n-de (aus .../openoffice.org-l10n-de_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org.
    Entpacke openoffice.org (aus .../openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb (--unpack):
    versuche »/usr/share/icons/locolor/16x16/apps/001_star_butterfly.xpm« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket openoffice-de-en ist
    dpkg-deb: Unterprozess paste getötet mit Signal (Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe))
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    Where is the Problem?

    Greetz
    Hmm. Since I don't speak/read German, I'm not much good at troulbel shooting here. Anyone else?

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    10
    hi guys!

    aay, where did you find a .deb source for your apt-get for
    Open Office.org 1.1??

    I think thats the problem of bootmaker

    there isn't ANY OOo 1.1 in his /etc/apt/source.list

    So aay if you could post your /etc/apt/source.list or at least post the deb source your getting OOo 1.1 from!

    I use 1.1 in M$ Windows and its far much better than the legacy build 1.0.3

    thanks!

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by bootmaker
    Hi!

    I't don't work Here ist the failure:

    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-debian-files.
    Entpacke openoffice.org-debian-files (aus .../openoffice.org-debian-files_1.0.3-2+1_all.deb) ...
    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-bin.
    Entpacke openoffice.org-bin (aus .../openoffice.org-bin_1.0.3-2_i386.deb) ...
    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-l10n-de.
    Entpacke openoffice.org-l10n-de (aus .../openoffice.org-l10n-de_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
    Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org.
    Entpacke openoffice.org (aus .../openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
    dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb (--unpack):
    versuche »/usr/share/icons/locolor/16x16/apps/001_star_butterfly.xpm« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket openoffice-de-en ist
    dpkg-deb: Unterprozess paste getötet mit Signal (Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe))
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    Where is the Problem?

    Greetz
    It is getting an error trying to overwrite a file that exists in the openoffice-de-en package so either apt-get --purge remove openoffice-de-en then install the openoffice you have or install by dpkg -i --force-overwrite openoffice.org-l10n-de_1.0.3-2_all.deb to overwrite the icon file that is in both packages. At least I think this is what is saying I don't speak any German.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear Stephen and the rest from this thread,

    I follow your suggestions but no success...

    Any other idea / workarround ???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OpenOffice 2
    By drb in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 04:24 PM
  2. OpenOffice.org 2.0 (prerelease)
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 07:26 PM
  3. Replacing openoffice-de-en with openoffice.org
    By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
  4. [OK]what is openoffice-de-en
    By ebdomino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 10:49 AM
  5. OpenOffice
    By Henk Poley in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Intel Xeon E-2388G 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU Processor LGA 1151 SRKMZ picture

Intel Xeon E-2388G 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU Processor LGA 1151 SRKMZ

$799.99



HP ZBook Firefly 14

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC

$184.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base

$170.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



acer swift air 14 picture

acer swift air 14

$600.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98