-
OpenOffice Update
Hi!
I'm using Knoppix 3.3 HDD Install. I want to update the OpenOffice to V1.1. But I don't know how because I'm a neeb 
Greetz bOOt
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: OpenOffice Update

Originally Posted by
bootmaker
I'm using Knoppix 3.3 HDD Install. I want to update the OpenOffice to V1.1. But I don't know how because I'm a neeb
Actually, following the posted step-by-step instructions on the OOo site worked perfectly for me. There are at least two things to be aware of, however:
1. Your original Knoppix OOo install is still there. It must be removed manually, and;
2. Be sure to use network installation, not local.
Item 2 might be a bit confusing, so I will explain. A "local" installation makes a full copy of the program for each user, whereas a "network" installation is to root with individual settings and directories for each user. Of course, this is especially important for systems with multiple users, or even if you might have multiple users later.
The upgrade is really worthwhile. The new version loads and runs much more quickly and has more features.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-- Michael Rudas
Metro Detroit Linux Users' Group: http://www.MDLUG.org
PengiuCon 2.0, April 2004: http://www.PenguiCon.org
-
Senior Member
registered user
I was able to upgrade like this:
Code:
apt-get install openoffice.org1.1-l10n-en
In order to get spell checking working I had to do the following
-
I'll try it tomorrow
But what about German Open Office
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
bootmaker
I'll try it tomorrow

But what about German Open Office

If you want German, then just use the following.
openoffice.org1.1-l10n-de
myspell-de-de
-
Hi!
I't don't work
Here ist the failure:
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-debian-files.
Entpacke openoffice.org-debian-files (aus .../openoffice.org-debian-files_1.0.3-2+1_all.deb) ...
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-bin.
Entpacke openoffice.org-bin (aus .../openoffice.org-bin_1.0.3-2_i386.deb) ...
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-l10n-de.
Entpacke openoffice.org-l10n-de (aus .../openoffice.org-l10n-de_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org.
Entpacke openoffice.org (aus .../openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb (--unpack):
versuche »/usr/share/icons/locolor/16x16/apps/001_star_butterfly.xpm« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket openoffice-de-en ist
dpkg-deb: Unterprozess paste getötet mit Signal (Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe))
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
/var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Where is the Problem?
Greetz
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
bootmaker
Hi!
I't don't work

Here ist the failure:
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-debian-files.
Entpacke openoffice.org-debian-files (aus .../openoffice.org-debian-files_1.0.3-2+1_all.deb) ...
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-bin.
Entpacke openoffice.org-bin (aus .../openoffice.org-bin_1.0.3-2_i386.deb) ...
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-l10n-de.
Entpacke openoffice.org-l10n-de (aus .../openoffice.org-l10n-de_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org.
Entpacke openoffice.org (aus .../openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb (--unpack):
versuche »/usr/share/icons/locolor/16x16/apps/001_star_butterfly.xpm« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket openoffice-de-en ist
dpkg-deb: Unterprozess paste getötet mit Signal (Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe))
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
/var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Where is the Problem?
Greetz
Hmm. Since I don't speak/read German, I'm not much good at troulbel shooting here. Anyone else?
-
Junior Member
registered user
hi guys!
aay, where did you find a .deb source for your apt-get for
Open Office.org 1.1??
I think thats the problem of bootmaker
there isn't ANY OOo 1.1 in his /etc/apt/source.list
So aay if you could post your /etc/apt/source.list or at least post the deb source your getting OOo 1.1 from!
I use 1.1 in M$ Windows and its far much better than the legacy build 1.0.3
thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
bootmaker
Hi!
I't don't work

Here ist the failure:
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-debian-files.
Entpacke openoffice.org-debian-files (aus .../openoffice.org-debian-files_1.0.3-2+1_all.deb) ...
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-bin.
Entpacke openoffice.org-bin (aus .../openoffice.org-bin_1.0.3-2_i386.deb) ...
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org-l10n-de.
Entpacke openoffice.org-l10n-de (aus .../openoffice.org-l10n-de_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
Wähle vormals abgewähltes Paket openoffice.org.
Entpacke openoffice.org (aus .../openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb) ...
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb (--unpack):
versuche »/usr/share/icons/locolor/16x16/apps/001_star_butterfly.xpm« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket openoffice-de-en ist
dpkg-deb: Unterprozess paste getötet mit Signal (Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe))
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
/var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Where is the Problem?
Greetz
It is getting an error trying to overwrite a file that exists in the openoffice-de-en package so either apt-get --purge remove openoffice-de-en then install the openoffice you have or install by dpkg -i --force-overwrite openoffice.org-l10n-de_1.0.3-2_all.deb to overwrite the icon file that is in both packages. At least I think this is what is saying I don't speak any German.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Dear Stephen and the rest from this thread,
I follow your suggestions but no success...
Any other idea / workarround ???
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 04:24 PM
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
-
By ebdomino in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 10:49 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5� SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

HGST 4TB SAS Hard Drive 3.5" 7200RPM Internal HDD HUS724040ALS640
$30.00