/etc/apt/sources.list
my /etc/apt/apt.conf
Apt::Get::Show-Versions;
APT:efault-Release "testing";
APT::Cache-Limit 10000000;
Apt::Get::Purge;
Apt::Get::Show-Upgraded;
I do "apt-get upgrade" and it does not show version numbers as it should. What is wrong? If I do -V (the commandline switch for it), it does....is there perhaps separate conf files for apt and apt-get?
/etc/apt/sources.list
if I do that then I get this:Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
root@Harkonnen:~# apt-get upgrade
E: Type 'Apt::Get::Show-Versions' is not known in on line 4 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
Perhaps I wasn't clear.. I want apt-get upgrade to show versions. the -V flag is used, but I don't want to use the flag. apt-get says according to the man page that I can put Apt::Get::Show-Versions in some file and it will show versions...
maybe try:
APT::Get::Show-Versions "true";
I also don't know if Apt needs to be APT???
HTH
rock
that worked...Originally Posted by RockMumbles

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95
MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87