-
Remastering ? From HD install,
ive seen a number of tips for remastering to Open Office 1.1 but I cant locate the first few steps. So here is where I have gotten to and where I would like to go.
Booting knoppic commandline is
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hdb1 swap=/dev/hda4 home=/dev/hda3 myconf=/dev/hdb1 dma
When booted Id like to update Open Office but so far I cant get to a read/write /etc ..
So where do I start from here ?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Not sure I'm following what it is you're asking but if I were going to make a remaster of Knoppix from an existing hdd install I would just boot the Knoppix disc like normal- forget all that extra nonsense. After you boot, mount the drive you wish to remaster from and chroot to it. Then install OO. Don't forget to mount /proc first an unmount /proc before exiting chroot.
Is that what you wanted to know?
Similar Threads
-
By maximum in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 08:22 AM
-
By help_seeker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By Bukowski in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 01:57 PM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1774.24

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 M.2 Internal SSD MZ-V8P1T0 EC
$115.00

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$461.10

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98

USB 3.2 Metal Flash Drive High Speed Portable USB Memory Stick 1TB 2TB 4TB
$22.15