Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Possible 9-24 ISO size problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10

    Possible 9-24 ISO size problem

    Hey there, I am having trouble with the 9-24EN ISO in that I have tried burning it to 2 different CD-RW discs with no success. Some background:
    -I use Linux and cdrecord to burn
    -I have burned many Knoppix ISOs before
    -I have been able to burn Knoppix to a CD-RW once before

    When I do cdrecord it doesnt report any errors. The disc will actually boot, but will die when I try to use the network config tool. I tried to do an md5sum to both copies and after a long time got Input/Output errors, whereas a good CD returns the MD5.

    My theory is that since previous releases were slightly smaller, perhaps this 700MB ISO is causing trouble. Is anyone else having trouble and if so, should we talk to Mr. Knopper about going back to 695MB ISOs?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    No problems burning the 9-24 release w/ cdrecord here. I've heard lots of problems related to burning 9-24 but w/ those lamo winapps not cdrecord. You are using cdrecord in Linux right? If your md5sums don't come back then that seems a little odd to me.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    I have had the same problem burning this release with Linux. Two out of five 700MB CDRW disks tried have failed. I also assumed that it was a size related issue. I have checked the md5sums on the files and have never had a problem in the past.

    dash

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by dash
    I have had the same problem burning this release with Linux. Two out of five 700MB CDRW disks tried have failed. I also assumed that it was a size related issue. I have checked the md5sums on the files and have never had a problem in the past.

    dash
    It burns fine on my cdrw's do you blank=all before you record the new ISO to the disk?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    It burns fine on my cdrw's do you blank=all before you record the new ISO to the disk?
    I blanked mine with blank=disc and I'm using quality media.

    It's possible people are having this problem but don't realize it since it burns without an error and will boot. It wasn't until trying to run network config that it became evident that there was a problem with the disc. I see other people on the forum who are having misc. problems running specific apps, could these be related?

Similar Threads

  1. New install Screen Size Problem
    By bwathen in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:53 PM
  2. Screen size problem
    By harken in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 03:23 AM
  3. ISO Size
    By jesselong in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:24 PM
  4. Size?
    By AP in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 03:36 AM
  5. Ramdisk (re)size/adjust size
    By hnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 09:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU picture

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU

$1100.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S picture

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S

$660.00



DELL PowerEdge R730XD Server 2x E5-2690v4 2.6GHz =28 Cores 64GB H730 4xRJ45 picture

DELL PowerEdge R730XD Server 2x E5-2690v4 2.6GHz =28 Cores 64GB H730 4xRJ45

$653.00