I split your post from where you posted it. Please do try to make your own posts so they will be seen.
Sorry I can't answer your question, except maybe su, but I have a similar question. I downloaded some .deb files. Can someone point me to a tutorial on installing software or relevant files that would tell me how to do it?
Also, is there a way to install them in their own folder instead of bin and create some kind of shortcut to run the app (XMMS)?
Thanks.
I split your post from where you posted it. Please do try to make your own posts so they will be seen.
There is an apt-get how to right here in the forums. If you're using KDE just right click on the desktop >CreateNewLinkToApplication and browse to the application.Originally Posted by Drago
To install a .deb file you downloaded try this as root:
dpkg -i thefilename.deb

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$44.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, AUMOX PRO Home 5|5*1G Port, Black
$8.95
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99